Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Thank you, Chocolate Covered Katie

Chocolate Covered Katie is a blogger after my own heart.  She just remembers to photograph everything before she eats it.  (I almost always forget to take pictures.)

During Halloween I found her recipe for Copycat peanut butter eggs.  They were way too easy and way too delicious. I used natural chunky peanut butter, real powdered sugar, dutch processed cocoa,  coconut oil and maple syrup. (I didn't use salt.)  The recipe must be small to avoid over indulging. I doubled it the first time.  Katie said to keep these in the freezer but I found the refrigerator works fine for keeping the coating solid.

The grandsons and I enjoyed the peanut butter and chocolatey goodness.  There was some coating/dip left over so I grabbed some graham crackers and dipped those in the left over chocolate sauce.  They were better than those store bought chocolate coated graham crackers!

At the beginning of December I made a batch of just the chocolate sauce using 1/2 cup each cocoa , coconut oil, and maple syrup.  Then I dipped mini marshmallows, raisins, and chocolate graham crackers.  I needed a bit more patience with all those small items because they clumped up, but they were so good.  Daughter and son-in-law ate a bunch of these.

Christmas Eve I made the original recipe again a quadruple batch this time.  I used a plastic "shot glass" as a mold and got some shapes that resemble mini peanut butter cup.  I dipped chocolate graham crackers in the leftover coating and sprinkled some crushed starlight mints on those.   Everything is in the freezer now.  I'll pack it into containers for the fridge in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment