Great way to use small amounts of leftovers. Use any flavor bouillon. Meat should be pre-cooked and vegetables room temperature.Suggestions:
- 1 serving instant bouillon (1 teaspoon or 1 cube)
- 2 ounces whole wheat spirals (or any small hearty pasta)
- 2 ounces cooked chicken breasts (or any lean meat)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli (or any seasonal veggies)
- 2 cups water
- Weigh pasta and place in 1 quart microwave safe bowl. Cover with water. Add bouillon, crushed garlic, and pepper. Stir.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes. While dicing or shredding cooked chicken.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Microwave an additional 2 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Adjust seasonings. (Salt and pepper-hot sauce) Enjoy
Try leftover roast beef with onions, carrots, and celery add a mushroom if you have one for a beefy noodle soup. Whole wheat elbows and beef bouillon would make it hearty.
Go vegetarian by using a one-half cup of beans drained and rinsed from a can. Any cut up vegetables will go well with beans. Use vegetable bouillon and choose a pasta that goes with your bean - whole wheat with white beans, a white pasta with black beans. Season with a bit more hot sauce since beans tend to bland.